Traditional talking therapies are often effective, but they do not meet the needs of all individuals. Art therapy offers a non-verbal alternative that gives people a chance to explore distressing thoughts and feelings using a creative approach in a safe, controlled environment.
In this course, you will learn about the most common forms of art therapy, why it is beneficial for many groups and how aspiring art therapists can enter the field.
What you will learn:
- What art therapy is, and an overview of the three main types of art therapy
- Why some people are more likely to benefit from art therapy than conventional talking treatments
- What happens in a typical art therapy session
- How art therapy can be used in conjunction with other forms of treatment
- How to qualify as an art therapist
Benefits of the course:
- If you are considering seeking art therapy, this course will help you make an informed choice when searching for a provider
- If you have been invited to take part in art therapy, this course will tell you what to expect
- If you are thinking of entering the field of art therapy as a career, this course will give you an overview into what an art therapist does on a day to day basis
- If you support someone with a mental health problem who attends art therapy, this course will help you understand what they do in a typical session and why