Learning Disabilities Awareness Certification
Learning disabilities are often diagnosed in children after they start school. Although the disorders develop in children at a young age, even before birth, they only manifest in school age children. This course covers everything you need to know about learning disabilities.
Learning disabilities are often diagnosed in children after they start school. Although the disorders develop in children at a young age, even before birth, they only manifest in school age children.
Affected children are unable to interpret what they see or hear. They are also not able to connect information from various parts of the brain. The problems manifest as difficulties with written or spoken language, self-control, co-ordination or even attention.
The difficulties also affect school work and impair learning to write, read or do mathematics. However, an individual’s IQ or the person’s intelligence is not reflected through learning disabilities.
The disorders are often lifelong, impacting an individual’s family situation, work or school, friendships, daily routines or even play. Overlapping learning disabilities can become apparent in children with the disorders. However, some children have just one independent learning issue, which has no effect on other parts of their lives.
Not all learning difficulties fall under learning disabilities. Some children are just slow to develop specific skills because children naturally differ in their rate of development. Therefore, what may seem to be a learning disorder may just be a delay in reaching maturity.
This course covers everything you need to know about learning disabilities.
What you will learn:
- What learning disabilities are and how they occur
- Types of learning disabilities
- Signs of learning disabilities in children in their early years, their fifth year and at primary school level
- Signs of learning disabilities in secondary school students and adults
- Interventions for learning disabilities
- Learning disability awareness months and weeks
Benefits of the course:
- Understand learning disabilities, how they occur and how they manifest
- Learn the different types of learning disabilities
- Help create awareness about the learning disabilities
- Determine if your child has a learning disability
- Learn how to treat learning disorders
All major devices and browsers
Module 01: Learning Disabilities Awareness
The Mindfulness Certification course provides a comprehensive introduction to the art of mindfulness and the real life physical and emotional benefits that it offers to those who practise it. This online course provides students with the opportunity to cover the certification’s curriculum in their own time and at their own pace. Most students are able to complete the course in a reasonable amount of time while continuing to work full time.